Thursday, September 16, 2010

Smiling


I stumbled upon these pictures while going through folders on my computer. They all have one thing in common...they make me smile.

Memaw is a breath of fresh air in a world of hatred, anger and selfishness. She is the most loving and giving woman I have ever met. Memaw is currently battling Alzheimer's. Even on the bad days she can somehow make you smile...even laugh. These pictures represent what a beautiful person she is inside and out, and how she loves. Words can not describe how much she means to her family...to me.

The pics of my boys were not planned. The one of L, obviously taken first, was on a family trip to Idaho. This past Christmas I was unpacking from a trip to TX and caught S sitting in my suitcase (as most curious tots do) and going through my stuff. I remembered that I had taken a pic of L exactly like this and thought I should have one of S as well. It wasn't until a month ago when I compared these pics side by side that I realized they both have on the same pajamas. Crazy. (If I did know at the time- I don't remember. I don't remember much these days. I'm not really sure what I'm gonna be like in 20 years- I blame it on my kids).

The other pics are pretty self explanatory. I love the flowers not only because they are beautiful and white, but they are taken at my home in TX. The one of Jax takes me back. When he was a pup Kyle decided to take him to "hunting" school. We boarded him there for six weeks :(. Guess what- now he's gun shy. All that time and money right down the drain. Anyways- he is a pointer- they are bred for locating birds and standing just like this. He would do this to the birds flying around our backyard all the time. LOL...he's so cute. We miss our Jaxy.

Sorry for the randomness today. I just thought I would share these simple photos that made me happy. I hope you find something that makes you smile today.

P.S. Something else made me smile today. The boys and I were hanging out on the porch today after school eatin' some Cheetos when L said Mom, member what happened on the third day? God made the plant, the trees and the flowers. And on the fourth day he made the sun and the moon and the stars. I was sort of stunned...amazed at not only the lessons he was actually learning in school, but his memory as well. I thought I would test him a bit- thinking for sure he wouldn't know the others. I asked him what happened on the first day. He said mmmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm, oh, God made the light and the dark. OMG- I am a proud mamma bear right about now. :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Layne and Shea actually look like brothers in these pictures! Love it! and the same PJ's!
    Sweet pictures of Memaw ! Love to re-see these pictures.
    AND I am a proud Gran!Way to go Layne!
    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures! I can't believe they had the same PJs on! Something that makes me smile? Looking forward to next Friday night with those fun boys.

    R has a bible verse that he has memorized! I'm not sure there is anything sweeter than hearing him talk about God, repeat his verse, and saying his nighttime prayers. SO proud of Layne!

    ReplyDelete