Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cars, Planes & Polka Dots

As a follow up to my inspiration post for L's big boy room- here it is. The room isn't complete in my mind, but for now it's as good as it's going to get. We are currently in a rental and I can't paint the walls a color of my choice (which would probably be a shade of light blue/grey or white). The furniture is my brothers and probably won't be L's for much longer- so I didn't want to change the knobs on the dresser out (or repair the missing one). I would also love to see a big rug in this room...again, an investment that I'm not willing to make in our temporary state. I'm thinking the boys may eventually share a room- I will definitely keep with this theme, but change to two twin beds. I am loving all things vintage right now...I hope it comes through a little in this room.

FYI: This room doesn't get a whole lot of natural light...the pics could definitely be better.

Enjoy.











Pillow and curtain fabric - fabricworm
silver piggy bank- target
blue bird night light- target
tin road signs- Hobby Lobby
letters- Joanne's Fabric
White lamp- target (I added ribbon trim)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Great job- I love everything! I see Layne got his piggy bank! Now- you need to get home, so you can help me decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is precious !!!! You did such a good job. Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it! Its very clean and simple and not too busy which I for one love! I am always moving stuff around or throwing it away cause it looks to busy :) Good Job Kevyn!

    ReplyDelete