Tuesday, September 14, 2010

pretty fabric for my dishes

I came across this post at fly through our window for a dishmat and then eventually found this tutorial at life in grace for the same dishmat. What's a dishmat you say??? I was wondering the same thing when I stumbled upon it...but it's rather genius. I know around my house we always dirty an extra dish towel or two when we let the dishes air dry. This is perfect for leaving out all week and tossing in the wash on laundry day. You can also use it above your dishwasher to set dishes on as you unload them. The terrycloth layer below your fabric soaks up the water and leaves your counter spotless. My version is only slightly different from the above tutorial. I didn't want mine to be quite as big, so I left out a few strips of fabric. The best part was that I made it in just a few hours. If you enjoy this sort of thing it will be well worth your time.

P.S. I may have to make a few extras for some Christmas gifts...hmmm...I wonder who would like one of these?!?

Hope you like!:)






Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the fabric!! -Michelle N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I need one for my kitchen. Are you taking order?! :) Jk! I should probably pull out my machine from the pile of boxes in our garage and tackle it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo . . . this could be worth dusting my machine off for! LOVE IT! I always have dish towels or paper towels on the counter for all the bottles and stuff. How long did it take you? Looks like a good reason to find something pretty on FabricWorm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevyn- I really like this idea alot! I DO need one! I am always using a dish towel! Thanks!!ahead of time!!!(HA)
    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete