Thursday, September 2, 2010

RANDOMNESS

I was at Walmart this morning- trying to find a car adaptor that would work with the boys DVD player. I lost the other one (go figure)- and I sure wasn't going to be stuck in the car with two toddlers for 6.5 hours with no DVD player. Before I left, lunch entered my mind. I'm not sure why because it was only 9:30. I knew we were out of bread at home, so I couldn't make a sandwich, nothing else we had sounded good and I didn't want to eat fast food. The obvious answer would have been to buy a loaf of bread...but, we are leaving early in the morning and we will be gone for four days- and I really didn't want a whole loaf of bread to go bad before we could finish it off. So- I popped down the frozen food isle in search for something...something that didn't look blah. I grabbed this not quite sure if it was going to be trashcan worthy or edible. Let me just tell you- I would eat this again. Is it gourmet? No. But it was actually good. For all of those frozen food fans out there- this one gets a thumbs up from me. Way to go Healthy Choice!


...and this is the reason I couldn't buy bread. I will be in paradise, or uh, Pensacola- close. We are going back to our second home to visit some great friends and be bums on the beach.


I decided to test out this "sock monkey" tutorial that I found on another blog. I will blog more about this next week, including tutorial site and inspiration site where I found the link. I wanted to make one each for the boys- but I decided to make one first for my friends seven month old son. But now I'm not sure if he will crawl away screaming when his momma hands this to him, if he will sling it around by his ten foot tail or if he will simply cuddle it. So...the question is- sock monkeys, cute or scary???


And just in case you forgot already what my cute kiddos look like- I'll leave you with a pic taken this morning. Layne said "Mom, take a picture of me and Shea playing with these." I guess it was a monumental event. So- I did what every normal mom would do- I jumped at their willingness to smile for the camera.


I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day! Be back next week.

XOXO
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Your Sock Monkey turned out so cute- I like the white and blue. I bet Ben liked it alot!
    The picture of the boys is Priceless! I love their expressions- it is soo sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete