Monday, July 12, 2010

Chic Peek: I may have a problem

Chic Peak will be an installment of weekly or bi-weekly design inspiration that I find worthy of sharing with you guys. Sometimes there may be a story to go along- and sometimes just loveliness to look at.

It's official- I may have a couple of loose screws.

I think. A lot. About everything. About anything. About today. About tomorrow. About yesterday. I plan. I decorate. I imagine. I get anxiety. I get scared. I dream. I hope. And then I start all over again. Really...is it just me???

It's happening again. The thoughts of the daughter I probably won't ever have. We volunteered in the preschool department at church yesterday. Kyle is seriously like a magnet for five year-old little girls (that kind of sounds bad...but you know what I mean). They LOVE him. There's always one- one that runs to tickle him and than turns and hides so that he can go and find her. One that hangs on his arm, climbs in his lap and follows his every move. And I'm mush. I'm supposed to be teaching and playing with five-year olds, but instead, pictures of my "pretend" daughter dance in my head. The way that she would be with her Daddy, the way her Daddy would be with her, the way I would dress her and her name (She has one...but I wouldn't dare tell you- that would really make me nuts). I really have come to terms with the fact that the chances of me having a daughter is about as likely as the job market sky-rocketing next month. I can dream though...can't I? And just in case you still think I'm totally normal- here's a few pics of what her room might look like.

P.S. In the future I will definitely be giving resource info. as to where I get my pics...I want to give credit where credit is due.



1 comment:

  1. These are adorable ideas! I will definitely be in touch when it's time to decorate our baby girl's room.

    ReplyDelete