Friday, July 9, 2010

The Bali Gate and Family

Welcome to the Lost Dolphin Inn, a privately owned lake resort where the going nightly rate is FREE. The Bali Gate, adorned with stone Nandini's is the first thing you see as you park your car...the entryway to lake-living at it's finest. For as long as I can remember my Dad has had a love for architecture and more recently for world-travel. His latest project is a definite collaboration between the two and a true reflection of what a lot of hard work, a little blood (yours truly as a witness), sweat (gallons and gallons I'm sure), and tears (not for sure on this one...but I'm sure someone at least got a little sawdust in their eye) can do. The second-home retreat for my Dad and Step-Mom has been and remains a long work in progress, but is sure to be a little eye-candy for those passing by.

This is where my family and I spent our 4th of July weekend- soaking up the sun, drinkin' a few corona's, catching up with those we love and even learning to hula. I truly love my family- for the true mess and chaos that we are- and the eternal bond that holds us together. I'm not gonna lie- I also kind of like that we have an awesome place to mingle!

Now- if I could only talk my Dad into getting a cabana-boy (for the drinks people...geeeeez).

P.S. Nandini- n Hindu mythology, Nandini (Sanskrit: नन्‍दिनी, "the enjoying") is the name of a wish-granting cow, the child of Kamadhenu and asitharishi [[V]s]. She (Nandini) was owned by Sage Vasishtha and lived in his ashram.







Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. very cool seeing your dad and debbie! and i'm assuming by this little girl's cute smile in the next to the last picture that this is luke's daughter! she looks like him! :)
    very cool new blog. can't wait to see how things come along!
    how did you come up with the name?

    ReplyDelete