Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Balancing it all


Sometimes I wonder how I get through the day. How my kids are still alive, healthy and in one piece. Sometimes I wonder how they got so smart or cute or witty. Sometimes I wonder how it all seems to get done (to some degree or another)- It's a lot...this being a mom stuff. I'm not gonna lie though- I have never been more content with this life than I am now. Do I yearn for some quiet time, pedicure trips, sleeping late- yes...but life is good. I am so fulfilled with this reality God has handed me. When I first became a mom, it was hard. I felt pulled in all directions- trying to start a new business, trying to be a good mom, good wife, good housekeeper and good chef...it wasn't working. I yearned for greatness, not the mediocre person I had become or felt I had become. I can't really pin point a day when it all changed, but something happened. I suddenly became ok with mediocrity. I feel blessed that I can live my life serving my boys day in and day out as best as I know how. I feel blessed that they don't expect perfection (good thing- cause they sure aint gonna get it). I know now that the only place I'm supposed to be is right here. Being just ok isn't so bad after all.


Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:10


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment