Friday, October 15, 2010

Secret Project Revealed


Remember this stack of fabric from a few months ago?



It slowly turned into this after a lot of cutting and sewing.



And then into this after more sewing.


And then of course the "quilting " took place.


I tried it out on my bed...Mia liked it.


One full-size pic before it was sent off to it's new owner.




At it's final destination in my Mom's guest room.


I love the way the aqua binding turned out.



It's far from perfect...but I had so much fun making it. I'm already cutting into my next stack of fabric to make a throw for my couch.


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Love it! You did such a great job. Now why can't you live closer so you can teach me how to do all this cool stuff?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, Kevyn! i've been wanting to start my quilting project and I think you've just inspired me to go for it. It looks beautiful and the fabrics are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you like modern quilting too? I felt all alone. I am so glad to have a friend that finds it fun as well. If you need any pointers let me know...mostly I just searched blogs for help. There are so many tutorials out there. I would love to know/see what you are working on when you start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevyn, this is so beautiful! I have been wanting to make my own quilt for some time as I have this vision in my head of a quilt that represents my family. I applaud you for such a job well done. Perhaps I can just pick out the fabrics and pay you to make the quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! i'm very impressed. :) it's BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you send me one next, pretty please :) That is very pretty and a super special gift from a daughter to a mother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO EVERYONE - I AM THE LUCKIEST MOM IN THE WORLD ! What a AWESOME surprise on my front door step when Kevyn was home for a visit. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL ! Looks so pretty in my guest room- which by the way is where Kevyn sleeps when she is home for a visit. So, she gets to enjoy it also!Thank You Kevyn with ALL my heart ! I will cherish this forever. Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete