Friday, August 13, 2010

Chicken...It's what's for dinner.

A few weeks ago back in big Tex my cousin made this delicious kid-friendly meal for a house full...it was YUMMY. Even though it wasn't Chic fil-A, the kiddo's scooped it up and cleaned their plates. This is a great alternative to drive-through dinners! My version was a little different then my cousins- but still great.

*Disclaimer- if the site of raw meat makes you queezy...I would not look any further.

This is my take (and Rachael's) on:

Chicken Tenders and Mac N Cheese











Baked Chicken Tenders

Mac N Cheese

Box of elbow noodles
Small block of Velveeta cheese (2% milk)
About a cup of low-fat milk
2 TBSP of low-fat butter or margarine
Salt
Pepper

Boil noodles per directions on box. Pour into crock pot and add chunks of Velveeta, milk and butter. Cook on low for about three hours- stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.

Easy Peasy...and oh so good. And to add a side of health...I served a side-salad for me and my hubby.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yum-O! As she likes to say. I was just thinking I wanted those chicken tenders soon. BTW, I made your pork tacos with chicken last week. I switched Rotel for the chiles and liked the tomato with it. Pretty tasty! Stirred a little sauce in with the chicken the second night. Mark and Drew liked it better that way, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete